Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Other Side of Kim du Toit - TheOtherSideofKim Front Page

The Other Side of Kim du Toit - TheOtherSideofKim Front Page

Great Letter!!!

Here’s a letter which made my day, and made me feel quite humble:

Hello Kim. My name is Nick A___. I recently discovered your site and I must say I was shocked.

In the best possible way.

I found a link to your article about the pussification of America from someone’s comment on another blog. The article (and your others which I have read so far) really invigorated me and reminded me of what I am.

I am 18 years old and will very soon (less than a week) be enlisting in the United States Marine Corps Reserve as infantry (LAV Crewman). Undoubtedly I will soon after be activated and deployed to a combat zone on the other side of the world. Needless to say, I have met a LOT of opposition to my decision to join the Corps. Even though everyone is so gung-ho about “supporting the troops”, the second you say you want to join them, everyone looks at you like you should be wearing a straitjacket. Sometimes it is hard to stay true to what I believe and remember what I stand for when it seems everyone else thinks I’m crazy for doing so, even the people who I hold closest, including many of my friends and my entire family. What I call bravery, they call recklessness, lack of foresight, stupidity, or brainwashed. You reminded me that these people are cowards who believe that their own lives are more important than the freedom of their nation.

Finding someone out there who shares my views in such a clear and frank manner was, as I said, a shocking thing to find in today’s world of appeasers.

Thank you very much for your site, and thank you for showing me that I am not alone. Stay strong and stay healthy.

I responded to him thus:

Nick,

Never mind me. YOU take care of yourself.

Just oblige me with with this one favor: tell everyone you meet in the USMC that we support them, utterly and without reservation. Ignore the Murthas and Pelosis of this world: they are less than the mud you’re going to get on your boots.

And never mind all the whiners and cowards: you’re going on to bigger and better things, and you’re going to be associating with a better class of person.

Don’t bother trying to convert those who think otherwise, because it’s a waste of your time. Instead, think of us—me, and the many thousands of Readers of this website, who not only appreciate what you’re doing, but applaud your decision, loudly and enthusiastically.

I just wish I could go in your place.

Thank you for realizing that honor, duty and courage are important: so important, in fact, that they are worth more than your own life.

You hold the future of this wonderful country in your hands, and as long as you do, the rest of us can sleep soundly at night. Always remember that.

And keep in touch. Please.

Kim

Those of you who are God-fearing folks, you know what to do for young Nick.

We are not worthy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw your blog listed at blogsearch.sg Is it for real?

Anonymous said...

Every weekend i used to visit this web site, because i want enjoyment,
as this this web site conations truly nice funny material too.


Feel free to visit my webpage - islington pest control services

Anonymous said...

My spouse and I stumbled over here from a different page and thought
I might as well check things out. I like what I see so now i am following
you. Look forward to going over your web page yet again.

Also visit my page locksmithing tools