Saturday, April 19, 2014

Daily Meditations with Fr. Alfonse: Luke 12:39-48 Entrusted With So Much

Daily Meditations with Fr. Alfonse: Luke 12:39-48 Entrusted With So Much: " I sometimes imagine that at the end of my life I will be handed a few lists outlining all the things I complained about; all the time I wasted; all the excuses I made, and all the things (throughout my life) I considered to be very important. I fear that moment may be a bit embarrassing - not so much for what is on my lists - but when I compare it to God’s immense love and mercy I received throughout my life."

I fear this as well. I imagine God showing me all the people I could have helped and how their lives would have been changed if I cooperated with His grace to help them or serving them by a small act of love and didn't! Or all the times I complained to Jesus about my troubles, or what I thought was important, or what I loved more than HIm and see the fullblown "bad fruits" of it. The veil will be lifted. I am terrified..

No comments: