Monday, April 13, 2015

Curmudgeonly & Skeptical presents Boned Jello

Curmudgeonly & Skeptical presents Boned Jello: Long, long ago - An old Indiana geezer, who had been a retired farmer for a long time, became bored and decided to open a medical clinic based upon his vast knowledge of treating animals.

To stop the skeptics he put a sign up outside that said: "Dr.
Geezer’s clinic - Get your treatment for $5.00, if not cured get back $10.00."

Doctor Young, who was new to the community,and was a recent Eastern medical school graduate, was positive that this old geezer
didn't know beans about medicine and thought that this would be a great opportunity to enhance his reputation in the community and to get an easy $10.00 in the meantime. So he went to Dr. Geezer’s clinic.

This is what happened:

Dr. Young: "Dr. Geezer, I have lost all taste in my mouth, can you please help me?"

Dr. Geezer: "Nurse, please bring the medicine from box 22 and put 3 drops in Dr. Young's mouth."

Dr. Young: Aaagh! "This is nothing but coal oil!"

Dr. Geezer: "Congratulations! You've got your taste back. That will be $5.00."

Dr. Young gets annoyed and goes back after a couple of days figuring to recover his lost $5.00:

Dr. Young: "Doctor, I have lost my memory, I cannot remember anything."

Dr. Geezer: "Nurse, please bring the medicine from box 22 and put 3 drops in the patient's mouth."

Dr. Young: "Oh no you don't! I remember your "box 22" that's coal oil!"

Dr. Geezer: "Congratulations! You've got your memory back. That will be $5.00."

Dr. Young (After already having lost $10.00) leaves angrily and comes back after several more days.

Dr. Young: "Listen Doctor, my eyesight has suddenly become weak and I can hardly see!"

Dr. Geezer: "Well, I don't have any medicine for that so, here's your $10.00 back."

Dr. Young: "But this is only $5.00!"

Dr. Geezer: "Congratulations! You got your vision back! That will be another $5.00 please."

The moral of the story: Just because you're "Young" doesn't mean that you can out-smart an old "Indiana/Geezer"
# posted by �Anonymous : 4/11/15, 7:55 PM

No comments: